Saturday, October 18, 2014

Inspiration Lilac.


Happy Saturday....

l spent a couple of hours last week revisiting my childhood:-) pasting and prettying up this hat box l found at the opshop..... l'm sure most of you have heard of  Thomas Kincade. (Painter of Light), anyway l'm totally a fan, and my son bought me a calender of his work one year....it was so lovely l could never toss it out.....see...who says being a hoarder is bad:-)
My lilac decided to flower this week....just to co-ordinate with Thomas's awesome work:-)   
 
 Shades of purple to mauve... in minutia. 

 
 
 This very romantic firescreen was found at a garage sale....lt was bargain priced as the seller confessed he absolutely hated it and couldn't wait for it to be gone....well what can l say...it's gone!!  
It has a plaque on the back so l was able to do a bit of research on it. Apparently made in England in the mid 20th century. The painting is printed on paper which seems an unusual choice for something that will be sat in front of the FIRE!!
Marie Antoinette print?? 


  More lilac inspiration....Decorology. via flickr.
 
Dusty mauve....Bella Notte Linen. via pinterest. 
Thought you might like to check out the wisteria in full bloom in Mum's backyard...It's climbing over an unused rotary clothesline and you might be able to see the trunk(s) (left of pic) which Mum plaited when it was teeny. 
 
My brother and S.I.Law gave Mum this rusty old car seat and friendship plaque....l just love what she's done with it.... 
 
 
Hope you've enjoyed the post today and are having yourselves an awesome weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
Til next time.
 
Bron.
 

5 comments:

  1. I love Thomas Kinkade's art! My first husband bought me a painting, it was so beautiful. When we got divorced it was one of the few things I asked for but he kept avoiding giving it to me. A few years later I asked him if he could drop it off next time he picked the kids up and he told me he had sold it. A couple of years after that I was in his house, picking my boys up and there it was, hanging on his wall!!!! It took all my willpower not to take it off the wall and take it home but I didn't want the drama soooooo, sadly I had to come to terms with the fact that it's gone:( Hopefully he'll hand it down to one of my boys wives one day!

    Love all your treasures, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgoodness! I love the white lace and tulle, lilacs and wisteria (the aroma, ahhhhh), and the crocheted bed covering. All so lovely and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your lilac vignettes and treasures! That gold frame with the incredible artwork is so lovely!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bron! Your inspirations are fantasic! I love all pictures! This old car seat is the best! Your Mum is really creativ:) Have a wonderful week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete